In Wandsworth we are proud of our ambition for children and young people. We want them to reach their full potential, develop skills for life and enjoy healthy lifestyles. We want them to be safe from harm and abuse. Above all, we want them happy and active members of our community.
Our vision puts families first. We have invested in our services over the past two-and-a-half years, in terms of expanding capacity and ensuring that we have the right roles, skills and focus to support children and their families at every stage of the child’s journey.
Our growing emphasis is on prevention and early intervention and we are implementing an Early Help Strategy to achieve this. Developments include a single front door and an enhanced early help pathway to support families who do not meet the care threshold. We are strengthening our focus on early permanence and we have ensured that managers have the tools and capacity to provide supportive oversight and supervision. It has been fast-paced journey but we are already reaping the benefits.
The resources available to families within the Borough are second to none, which means you will be empowered and able to help them make long-term positive changes. It’s with this resolve – and with our determination to do the right thing – that we’re inviting experienced Social Workers to join us.
Social work, as a profession, continues to face challenges. We are, however, creating an ambitious, creative and aspirational team who are listening to ideas, making suggestions, and acting on feedback. We really are working together to protect the Borough’s most vulnerable children. So, if you became a Social Worker to make a positive change for the lives of others, we want to hear from you.
Pay & Reward
We know that to recruit passionate, dedicated social workers – where there’s simply more demand than the available resource – we must show our appreciation in other, more tangible ways. That’s why we have put together an attractive package for all our social workers.
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, you will receive an appropriate starting salary and a friendly, kind, positive and supportive working culture.
We also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Manageable Caseloads
- Social Work professional development opportunities for all staff. (You may also be able to get sponsorship for approved job-related qualifications.)
- Regular reflective supervision
- Annual Social Work Conference
- Practice evaluation
- Retention bonus of £3k every two years
- Performance Related Salary Progression scheme paid annually
- 31 days’ annual leave to all employees plus bank holidays
- Relocation package for experienced social workers moving to London
- Underground (London only): East Putney, Clapham South, Tooting Bec and Balham underground stations (Northern Line) provide connections into both the City and the West End.
- Overground: Good transport links at Wandsworth Town and Earlsfield, Wandsworth Common Overground station allow quick access into Victoria/Waterloo via Clapham Junction.
- Bus routes: A wide range of bus routes serve the area.
- Car: 10-minute drive to Chelsea, quick access to A3/M25.
Wandsworth Council is committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Council and can improve the way we deliver services. Our diversity is our strength, and makes Wandsworth an exciting and dynamic place to live and work.